Tuesday, January 5, 2016

MEX = delays... and cultural exhibits

At the airport in Mexico City, as in US airports, there are screens that show which gate your flight will leave from, except that in Mexico City, that information generally doesn´t appear until an hour before the flight, or in my case, not until AFTER IT SHOWS THAT THE FLIGHT HAS LEFT.

This was mildly distressing, but a few older German travelers and I asked at an information booth and discovered that the plane was probably still there... probably. So, we ran to the gate, and proceeded to wait another hour and a half for our delayed flight to Chiapas.

On a brighter note, there was an exhibit about Mexican diversity.
Here's a cool visual of the indigenous language families in Mexico:

There was also a display of a photography contest for... Mexican infrastructure. I thought my ingeniera friends (Jessica? Julia?) would appreciate that.

And the best news of all was that my university advisor sent me an email that day informing me that - por casualidad - she was dropping her daughter at the Tuxtla Gutierrez airport at the same time my flight was arriving, so she and her son gave me a ride to San Cristóbal.
Lesson learned = everything is gonna be all right.

1 comment:

  1. INFRASTRUCTURE!!!

    I had a mini panic attack when you talked about the airport monitors and their delayed reporting.

    ReplyDelete